We all have had times in our lives when we feel lost and out of place. We have no idea how we ended up where we are, how to move forward, or moments when it seems like everything we have tried, isn't working. Then you hear the word surrender, yet you aren't sure if it relates to you or how even to do it. How does anyone even decide to surrender to forces greater than themselves?
What is surrendering?
Surrender is defined as cease resistance and submit, give up or hand over, abandon oneself entirely to (a powerful emotion or influence), and give in. Surrendering can be a difficult concept for people who like to control every aspect of their lives. Still, sometimes they must let go before they can move forward.
Are you at a place where you need to surrender?
If you are unsure if it is time for you to surrender and let go, here are eleven indicators that can help you get clear on where you are.
- If you spend most of your time wishing your life was different, instead of embracing where you are, it is time to surrender.
- If you place all your happiness on the actions of others, it is time to surrender.
- If you always judge yourself and the actions of others, it is time to surrender.
- If you feel that there is not enough time for your happiness, it is time to surrender.
- If you can't remember the last time you did something for yourself, it is time to surrender.
- If you are overly worried about things out of your control, it is time to surrender.
- If you are impatient and impatient to get results, it is time to surrender.
- If you don't take the time to breathe and check-in with yourself, it is your time to surrender.
- If your mindset is focused only on what is going wrong, it is time to surrender.
- If you have lost faith in the possibilities of miracles, it is time to surrender.
- If you forgot how to daydream, it is time to surrender.
How do you surrender?
The first thing to know about surrender is that it is a passive process that creates practical results. There is nothing you need to do to surrender because it is a state of mind — a shift in mindset toward allowing. If you are experiencing any of the above and you are ready to move forward and surrender, we have one word for you – ALLOW.
You surrender by:
- Allowing what you want to unfold without controlling how you get it.
- Allowing yourself to be inspired to take action rather than random effort.
- Allowing yourself to work on feeling better. Good feelings help with creativity.
- Allowing yourself time to heal and get to a better mental space.
- Allowing new thoughts and habits to develop naturally.
The next time you hear the word surrender, focus on what intentions you are setting and what you are allowing into your life. Intentions are statements about how you want to feel at the moment. Goals are what you want to achieve over time. Remember, everything is about mindset – set your mind on what you want, not what you don't want!
Here is a great mantra to help you with surrender:
"I surrender the need to control the timing of my life and allow the Universe to bring abundant goodness to me. I am grateful for what I have accomplished, and I gracefully release what doesn't serve me. I am contented with the miracles manifesting, and I focus forward. I am living in the moment with a peace of mind that Source is in control, and all will be well."
Until next time.
The more you practice happiness, the better you become, and the more joyous your days. If you practice living life, you enjoy and understand it a little bit better. Make your happiness a priority, grab one of our journals.
Grab one of our journals today! Use Code LOVE to save 15% sitewide.